Galactic Princess Cinnamon Roll Buns
Tacor Tacorian . May 02, 2022
The force is STRONG with this Cinnamon Roll Buns recipe! A simple yet delicious treat representing the CLASSIC hair buns of the famous Galactic Princess we all know… and love.
- 2 and 3/4 cups All-Purpose Flour (spoon & leveled)
- 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 and 1/4 Teaspoons Yeast (1 packet)
- 1/2 cup Whole Milk
- 1/4 cup Water
- 3 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1 Large Egg
- 3 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar Packed (Light or Dark Brown Sugar)
- 1 cup Confectioners’ Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2–3 Tablespoons Strong Brewed coffee or Milk
How to Prepare:
Serving Size: 11-12 Rolls
Prep: 1 hour, 40 minutes Cook Time: 25 min
- Make the dough:Whisk the flour, sugar, salt, and yeast together in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate heatproof bowl, combine the milk, water, and butter. Using the Microwave or stove, heat until the butter is melted and the mixture is warm to the touch. Pour into the dry ingredients, add the egg, and stir until it forms a soft dough.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead the dough for 3 minutes. Place the dough in a lightly greased bowl, cover it loosely, and let it rest for about 10 minutes.
- Fill the rolls: After the 10 minutes, roll the dough out to about a 14×8 inch rectangle. Spread the softened butter on top. Mix together the cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle it all over the dough. Roll up the dough tightly to make a 14 inch log. Cut 10-12 even rolls and arrange them is a lightly greased 9-inch round cake pan or pie dish.
- Rise:Tightly cover the rolls with aluminum foil and allow them to rise in a warm, draft-free environment for 1 through 1.5 hours long.
- Bake: At this point the rolls should have doubled in size. Preheat the oven to 375°F and Bake for 25-28 minutes until lightly browned*. *Tip: If the tops are getting too brown too quickly, loosely cover the rolls with aluminum foil and continue baking.
- The icing:Whisk the confectioners’ sugar, vanilla extract, and coffee/milk together. Drizzle or spread over warm rolls.
If your young Padawans don’t finish this batch of delicious Cinnamon Roll buns... the leftovers (frosted or unfrosted) last up to 3 days at room temperature tightly packed or up to 5 days in the refrigerator.