Simple Stuffed Green Bell Peppers
Tacor Tacorian . May 10, 2022
Be the Bell of your kitchen. This simple and healthy meal will have your family dancing for more. Familiar ingredients combined to make and incomparable tasty filling. All that flavor stuffed in a delicious bell pepper.
6 bell peppers
4 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
8 ounces lean ground beef
salt and ground black pepper
1 onion, finely diced
2 cloves garlic, chopped
4 Roma tomatoes, seeded and finely diced
1 cup cooked long-grain and wild rice
1 cup cooked Black Beans, drained.
1 1/2 cups grated pepper Jack cheese
1/2 cup of fresh cilantro
How to Prepare:
Serves 4-6 People
Prep: 1 hour, 35 minutes Cook Time: 45 min
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare the Bell Peppers. Cut the tops off the peppers, you can discard the stems, but finely chop the tops and set them aside. Scoop out the seeds and remove as much of the membrane as you can. Place the peppers cut-side up in a baking dish just large enough to hold them up.
- The Stuffing. Add 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef, season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook by breaking up the lumps, until the meat is cooked through and just beginning to brown, at about 8 to 10 minutes. Place the cooked meat on a towel-lined plate to get rid of excess fat.
- Use the same skillet and wipe it clean. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, the onions and chopped peppers. Cook until they begin to soften, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cooked black beans for another minute. Then you incorporate the tomatoes and season with salt and a pinch of red pepper flakes. Cook until everything is heated through, then stir in the cooked beef and rice. Taste and adjust the seasoning. Stir in 1 cup of the cheese.
- Stuff and Bake. Fill the peppers with the mixture and top each with a sprinkle of the remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Pour a small amount of water into the bottom of the baking dish and drizzle the peppers with a little olive oil. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake until the green bell peppers are soft and the cheese is melted and slightly browned, another 15 to 20 minutes. Add some fresh cilantro for taste.
So delicious, so easy and healthy. Sit and enjoy.