Now that summer's almost over, let's remember that the cold days/nights are coming. Posole is typically not a vegetarian dish, it comes with beef, pork or chicken. But let's try something different this fall. Let's make a Vegetarian soup.
• 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
• 1 medium red onion, diced
• 1 teaspoon sea salt
• 3 poplano peppers, seeded and diced
• 2 zucchini, quartered and sliced
• 3 teaspoon dried organo
• 2 teaspoon chipotle chile
• 1 can Farron White Hominy 105 oz. ($2.69)
• 2 cans pinto beans, rinsed and drained
• 3 tomatos, seeded and diced
• 5-6 cups organic vegetable broth
• 5 carrots, washed and sliced
• 3 large potatoes, washed and sliced
• 3 oz. spinach, washed
Place a large pot over medium heat, add the olive oil. When hot, add the onion and salt. Sauté for 3-4 minutes. Add the poblano peppers, zucchini and carrots, potatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 5 minutes. Stir in the oregano, ground chipotle chile, and cumin. Cook, stirring constantly.
Add the hominy and beans to the pot. Stir to warm through and then add the tomatoes, spinach and vegetable broth. Stir to combine. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, uncovered, for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Share your Posole recipes with us for a chance to be featured on our social media sites!