- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- Pinch of salt & pepper
- Juice of 2 large limes
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 apple chopped
- ½ cup of Raw Almonds
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries (Optional)
- 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries (Optional)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped mango (Optional)
- Splash of Olive oil
- Using a strainer, rinse the quinoa under cold water. Add quinoa, water, and salt to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil for about 5-7 minutes. Turn the heat to low and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until water is absorbed. Remove from heat and let quinoa cool to room temperature.
- To make the Honey Lime Dressing: In a medium bowl, whisk the lime juice, honey, olive oil and mint together.
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa, blueberries, almonds, apples, spinach, strawberries, and mango. Pour honey lime dressing over the fruit salad and mix until well combined. Garnish with avocado, if desired. Serve at room temperature or chilled.