This creamy pumpkin soup is yummy! and perfect for this season.
- 3 ½ cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 1/2 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6 whole black peppercorns
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp. sour cream
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
In a large pot, combine all ingredients minus sour cream and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 35 minutes, uncovered.
Using a blender, puree soup in small batches (1 cup at a time). Return soup to pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for another 35 minutes, uncovered. Remove from heat and stir in heavy cream.
Pour into serving bowls. Top with sour cream.