PLUM SALAD with Brown Rice, Chicken, Pecans and Mixed Herbs
- 1-2 fresh Chilean plums, sliced into wedges
- 1 cooked skinless/boneless chicken breast, shredded
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- ¾ cup lightly toasted pecans
- 1 cup thinly sliced fennel bulb
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- juice of one lemon
Place plums, shredded chicken, cooked brown rice, diced fennel, and toasted pecans in a serving bowl or platter.
Whisk together olive oil, vinegar, with a pinch of sea salt and a few grinds of pepper. Pour dressing over the salad and toss everything to coat. Add the fresh herbs and give everything another toss. Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon over the salad, and toss again. Season liberally with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
Eat right away, or pack some of this salad in a lidded container to take to lunch or to a potluck.
serves 2 as a main, 4 as a side