Get ready for Summer with Pasta Primavera! It's simple to make.
- Kosher salt
- 12 ounces fusilli or other corkscrew pasta
- 1/2 pound sugar snap peas, halved lengthwise, or
- ½ pound broccoli florets
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Fresh Mint leaves as desired
- 4 pint tomato chopped in half
- Sea Salt to taste
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, Add the fusilli and cook as the label directs. Add the sugar snap peas and/or broccoli, carrots and bell pepper to the boiling water during the last 2 minutes of cooking. Reserve 1/2 cup cooking water, then drain the pasta and vegetables and return to the pot.
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until just golden, about 30 seconds. Add the red pepper flakes and 1 teaspoon salt; cook until the tomatoes begin to wilt. Stir in 1/4 cup of the reserved cooking water. Pour the tomato mixture over the pasta and vegetables. Add the mint and parmesan and toss to combine. Season with sea salt.