New Year Healthy Low Carb Recipes
New Year, New You?
Are you starting off the New Year with the resolution to eat healthier and exercise more? The perfect way to cut out some of those unwanted calories and carbs are these delicious low carb recipes!
Zucchini Spaghetti with Beef Bolognese
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 lb organic, grass-fed ground beef
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
28 oz organic crushed tomatoes
¼ cup organic tomato paste
1 teaspoon dried basil
½ teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon dried oregano
salt and black pepper to taste
6 medium organic zucchini, spiralized into pasta
- In a large saucepan, saute ground beef over medium-high heat until browned, breaking up the large chunks of meat as they cook.
- Once meat is cooked, drain fat from the meat, and add olive oil and the onions.
- Saute for about 5 minutes, until onions are translucent.
- Add the garlic, tomatoes, tomato paste, basil, thyme, and oregano.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, covered, for about 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- In a separate pan, add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and saute the zucchini pasta for 5 - 10 minutes, until desired tenderness is achieved.
- Divide the pasta among four plates and top with bolognese. Serve hot.
Recipe from: http://www.insonnetskitchen.com/zucchini-spaghetti-with-beef-bolognese/
Chicken Stuffed Baked Avocados
4 Avocados, halved and pitted
2 cooked chicken breasts, shredded
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
¼ cup chopped tomatoes
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
½ cup shredded parmesan cheese, or more to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Scoop out some of the flesh in the center of each avocado; place into mixing bowl. Add chicken, cream cheese, tomatoes, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper; mix well to combine. Scoop spoonfuls of chicken mixture into the wells of each avocado; top each with generous amount of Parmesan cheese. Place avocado halves, face-up, in muffin cups to stabilize.
- Bake avocados in preheated oven until cheese is melted, 8 to 10 minutes.
Recipe from: All Recipes