Pizza is the perfect food for all of your Halloween Hangouts or for a festive Halloween Dinner before the kids go Trick or Treating! Check out these Ghostly Pizzas, and mini Spider Pizza recipes!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound frozen pizza dough, thawed
- 3/4 cup jarred tomato sauce
- 8 ounces sliced low-moisture mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon capers
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 475ºF. Brush bottom of a 16-by-11-inch rimmed baking sheet with olive oil. Press and stretch dough evenly to cover bottom of sheet. (If dough resists at first, let it rest for a minute and then continue.)
Spread sauce in an even layer over dough, leaving a 1-inch border around all sides. Bake until underside of dough is golden (lift up pizza with a spatula and take a peek), about 15 minutes. Use a ghost-shaped cookie cutter to cut ghosts from cheese. Place ghosts on top of hot pizza and bake for 5 minutes. Place two capers on each piece of cheese for eyes. Let stand 5 minutes on a wire rack before slicing and serving.
Mini Spider Pizzas
½ pound pizza dough
For the Pizza Sauce
- 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 1 t. dried basil
- 1 t. dried oregano
- 1 t. dried parsley
- 1/2 t. garlic powder
- 1/4 t. red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 t. balsamic vinegar
For the Toppings
- 1 cup part skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 can large California Black Ripe Olives
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- Roll out the pizza dough and use a 3 inch round cookie cutter to cut out the mini pizzas.
- Place the dough on the prepared baking sheet.
- In a small bowl whisk together all of the pizza sauce ingredients, then spread a little bit of sauce on top of each mini pizza.
- Top the pizzas with the shredded mozzarella then place in the oven to bake for about 8 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and the crust is golden.
- Remove the mini pizzas from the oven and arrange the olives on top of them creating the spiders.