Looking for the perfect Fall dinner recipe that everyone will enjoy? Butternut squash is officially in season and it is perfect for a delicious butternut squash and spinach lasagna! This lasagna is the perfect combination Ricotta, Parmesan, Mozzarella, spinach, and butternut squash that will create the ultimate Fall comfort food for you and your family! Pick up all your supplies at Super King Market!
Butternut Squash Filling
2 cups butternut squash puree, about half a squash
1 cup ricotta cheese
½ cup milk
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup cooked spinach
1 cup ricotta cheese
1 cup mozzarella cheese
2 garlic cloves, minced
¼ teaspoon salt
pepper, to taste
10 oz. lasagna noodles
1 ½ cups mozzarella cheese
½ cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Precooked butternut squash puree, using a processor combine 2 cups butternut squash puree with ricotta cheese, milk, salt, and nutmeg. Mix very well, taste and add more salt if needed.
- For the spinach filling, combine spinach, ricotta cheese, mozzarella, garlic, salt, and pepper, mix, taste, and add more salt and pepper if needed.
- For cooking the lasagna noodles, bring a large pot of water to a boil, and cook lasagna noodles according to package instructions. Rinse in cold water, and drain.
- For the lasagna assembly, prepare the baking dish, a casserole dish 11 in x 8.5 in x 3 in deep. Grease the dish lightly with olive oil. Spread 1/3 of the butternut squash filling on the bottom of the dish. Sprinkle lightly with mozzarella cheese, and top with cooked lasagna noodles.
- Then spread half of the spinach filling over the noodles. Top lightly with mozzarella cheese, and then top with cooked noodles.
- Spread another layer, 1/3 of the butternut squash filling, then sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, and top with cooked noodles.
- Spread remaining half of spinach filling over the noodles, top lightly with mozzarella cheese, and top with final layer of cooked noodles.
- Spread the rest of the butternut squash filling over the final layer of noodles, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and remaining mozzarella.
- Generously sprinkle with Italian seasoning, paprika, and basil.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes, remove foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve, and enjoy!