Do you have a love for pasta, but need a healthy gluten free dairy free option? Try out this delicious Avocado Alfredo with Zucchini Noodles, and curve all your Alfredo Pasta Cravings
For the sauce
- 1 large avocado
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pinch of cracked pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup Unsweetened Almond milk (depending on consistency)
For the zoodles
- 4 medium zucchini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Add all the sauce ingredients into a food processor, starting with just 1/4 cup of almond milk. Process on high until smooth and creamy.
- Depending on the size of your avocado, you might need to add more almond milk. Add additional almond milk 1 tablespoon at a time, until you reach the consistency of a soft pudding.
- Prepare the zucchini noodles by first spiralizing them into long noodles. Then heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add garlic and red pepper flakes and saute until fragrant, about 60 seconds. Add zucchini noodles and cherry tomatoes and saute until just tender, about 2 - 3 minutes.
- Transfer zucchini noodles to a bowl and top with sauce. Toss to with salad tongs until all the noodles are evenly coated.
- Divide evenly among four dishes and serve!
Recipe from simply quinoa